Arbonaut has developed applications and services in close collaboration with customers for more than 20 years. We believe that our customers’ needs are unique. Arbonaut’s team of mathematicians, software architects, foresters and GIS specialists apply the latest knowledge to improve our customers' organizational productivity. Our experts are dedicated to improving the quality and productivity of data management processes by offering innovative, yet practical answers to today's competitive demands.
Arbonaut provides highly tailored service and product solutions. We develop fully customized software solutions based on customers’ business requirements and processes.
- Arbonaut’s Forest Inventory Tool, ArboLiDAR, allows users to run remote sensing based forest inventory, process lidar data, perform automatic segmentation and produce several GIS products as Canopy Height Model or voxel analysis. By purchasing ArboLiDAR our customers get also Arbonaut’s professional training services and user support by Arbonaut’s inventory team. ArboLiDAR have been used successfully for more than 10 million hectares inventories worldwide, in natural, semi-natural and tropical forests and in plantations.
- ArboWebForest provides a user-friendly interface to prepare sample design and to collect field sample data with handheld devices (e.g. mobile phones). The collected data can be made available in real time for further review, quality control, analysis and reporting. The databases containing thousands of forest survey plots can be queried, viewed and processed automatically with customized models following a one-button approach. ArboWebForest aggregates customers' forest inventory results into a user-defined report format and for forest management planning.
- ASTA is a visitor survey analysis suite designed in collaboration with Metsähallitus-Parks and Wildlife Finland. ASTA assesses and analyses the visitor experiences from National and Nature Parks. ASTA is capable of managing efficiently large amounts of complex data and study the interaction between the parks and other surrounding services including economic impacts.
- ProMS is our open source computerized maintenance management information system (CMMIS) with a GIS interface that allows customers to increase the transparency and workflow of their activities. The application enables users to visualize on the map, share workload, create alerts and produce reports automatically. Proms have been used by Arbonaut in house for more than 100 000 km powerline safety analysis production and is adopted by several customers to manage they corridor infra.
- SchoolGIS is a web-based learning environment designed to support geography, geographic information and environmental research education at primary and secondary schools. This learning environment offers diverse tools, data and tasks for teaching the basics of geographic information and studying environment (vicinity) by utilizing GIS methodology. The system allows pupils to acquire geographic information layers from different sources over standard interfaces and to prepare statistical and thematic maps. Besides pupils can digitize and add some their own objects, attachments and comments into the database; share the contents for wider audience; and to publish prepared work books. At the moment SchoolGIS is used by over 3000 users and access to it has been provided in 370 schools.
- The toolbox named Untamo Tools, implements models for predicting likely outcomes of processes that drive changes in categories such as terrain, surface and underground water bodies, sedimentation, vegetation, and human habitats, to name a few. Multiple scenarios can be defined to address uncertainties in long term development paths, such as changes in climate or human impact on the biosphere. Together, full automation and reliable auditing are the keys to carrying out assessment simulations successfully, traceably, and in a quality-controlled manner.
- ArboGIS is a fully tailorable open source GIS platform developed by Arbonaut in collaboration with several customers. Based on the latest open source technology innovations, ArboGIS offers advanced GIS tools for manipulating spatial information. ArboGIS platform can be further enhanced by adding a variety of different proprietary GIS modules. They can be added on demand to address specific GIS data management needs. ArboGIS have been used as a core for services like Taaka-GIS for Finnish Forest Park Service and MörGIS for OTSO Forest Services.
- Jahtipaikat – hunting places in Finnish – is a pay webservice including online store, which is implemented for Metsämonex Oy. With the service hunting clubs can manage their members' data, save and edit hunting leases as a hunting form for each property as well as print out the necessary maps and reports. The purpose of the service is to support the club secretary in office, yacht master planning and hunters during a hunt.
The user can keep the due date of a book by adding and editing items such as hunting stand locations, meeting points or even game cameras location. There are mobile-optimized version, which can take advantage of GPS to follow the hunt.
- HeiJoe is a game of education through orienteering using custom made routes. Users can download routes from our server, which are other public or private. Visiting targets will show extra information and short video clips/sounds/images.